1. The Programme is administered on behalf of members as principal (muwakkil) by Lyndung as a platform for members to share their healthcare and medical burden in accordance with the Programme Guideline. Neither Lyndung nor the members guarantee or promise that the Eligible Medical Expenses will be shared by the Members of the Programme.
2. The financial assistance a member receives under the Programme does not come from our own funds but extracted from other members’ Monthly Sharing Contributions that are placed in a Trustee’s account. Whether other members choose to assist a member with his/ her medical expenses will be totally voluntary (not guaranteed in any way), as no other member or Lyndung will be compelled by law to make such sharing contribution. However, a Member’s failure to share will result in disqualification from the Programme
3. Whether or not a member's medical expenses are shared by other Members, whether or not a member receives payment for medical expenses, or whether or not this Programme continues to operate, a member will always be personally responsible for any of his/her unpaid medical charges.
4. The Programme is not provided by any insurance provider, nor considered as an insurance contract. The Programme is also not a substitute for any insurance policy authorised by law. There is no risk transfer from a member to us or from a member to other members. No indemnity or guarantee contract exists between Lyndung and any members or among the members themselves. Under Malaysian law, neither Lyndung nor the members are considered insurers. The Programme is not subject to the country's insurance regulatory standards or consumer’s rights.
5. We encourages members to consult a health insurance professional for advice on the difference between regulated health insurance and community sharing programmes such as the Lyndung Community Sharing Programme.
6. Lyndung is currently not regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia or is bound to any law and regulations in Malaysia due to Lyndung’s current solution does not constitute the carrying on of insurance or takaful business as defined under the Financial Services Act 2013 (FSA) and the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013 (IFSA). There is no contractual obligation for Lyndung to honour claims or guarantee members' contributions as this Programme applies a community sharing concept, unlike any other insurance or takaful products. While the insurance company pays the claim of the medical bill, the community sharing programme is different as the claim is not borne by the Administrator but is shared equally among the community members.